Pages

Stop! Picture time!

Monday, March 30, 2015

I'm sure you have heard the phrase "Stop and smell the roses" obviously meaning to enjoy the moment while you are there in it. I don't think I really have a problem with noticing details and trying to enjoy the beauty around me but something I do have a problem with is taking pictures of the details I am admiring. I get very self conscience about taking pictures because my only camera is an an iPhone and I have severe camera envy. I guess with all the wonderful blogs out there with their professional quality photos I feel like my iPhone wouldn't even do the subject justice. As part of Project-Get Up Off Of That Thing, I have been pushing myself to get out of my comfort zone. The other day I was having to run a few errands and it was a gorgeous day and the flowering cherry trees have been bursting with so many blooms they looked like giant pink cotton balls dangling on the trees!


I thought about just driving by and just hurrying up with my errands but I'm so glad I didn't! It ended up raining for a few days and so many of the petals fell off that they didn't look like the same trees!


You can't expect for the beauty that you see today to be unchanged tomorrow, so by all means, stop! And take the picture!


No comments:

Post a Comment